The Rapture

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Victory is Mine - Walmart Succumbs!



Well, Walmart finally delivered on their many promises and lip service! However, it took another message to their Customer Service Department using their online system to get the result. Let's look at the chain of events:
  • December 10, 2009 Walmart charges me twice for a turkey and ant bait.


  • December 11, 2009 I contact the store to explain the problem, but they hang up on me.


  • December 13, 2009 A letter is sent the store manager, Tom Statum, explaining the problem. No response.


  • December 23, 2009 I contacted Walmart via their online system.


  • December 28, 2009 Received a phone call from "some guy" at the store. He assured me that I would get a refund in the mail. The store is only a couple miles from the house, so it should have been here in two days. Received nothing.


  • December 31, 2009 Contacted Walmart again via their online system. I advised them that I would let the Attorney General handle it.


  • January 2, 2010 Received a call from the District Manager for this area. She assured me that they would "make it right."


  • January 4, 2009 Received a phone call from Tom Statum (finally). He assured me that a refund was being sent by overnight mail. He also claimed that he never saw the original letter.


  • January 5, 2009 Received a cash refund of $18.18 plus a $50.00 gift card. The overnight express cost them almost $14.00 to go a few miles.


Is it me, or is Walmart being run by inept and low-functioning people? Had they addressed the problem swiftly in the first place and delivered on their promise, they would not have had to spend so much money. A simple $18.18 refund ended up costing them $82.18. That's an expense they'll pass on to you and me. Nevertheless, as consumers, we have to stand up for our rights! If you have been wronged by Walmart, then let them know. Let them know loud, clear, and often. Don't let up until victory is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment